1995-01-03 - Re: Exporting cryptographic materials, theory vs. practice

Header Data

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e24c21ccf7d56649e14a38da0b05fcf1cec1f9cf48dcd9af8b46ce6a843dc09d
Message ID: <9501031838.AA21557@elysion.iaks.ira.uka.de>
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Jan 95 10:38:49 PST

Raw message

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 95 10:38:49 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Exporting cryptographic materials, theory vs. practice

What do I have to do if I want to bring cryptographic
equipment _into_ the USA temporary (for use or demo) and
want to take it back home after some days or weeks.

Since I am in America then I am under american law.
The _export_ of my own crypto stuff is not temporary.

Does the american law allow me (a foreigner!) to take
out any cryptographic material, even if it is my own thing?

Hadmut

Thread