1995-01-21 - SysLaw and DigiCash

Header Data

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: facc194a891f936ba6db4f91f157aa68888832e796184ae9d6f3facb981c4fb3
Message ID: <199501211906.OAA02426@tuatora.cis.ohio-state.edu>
Reply To: <VH6D1c2w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-21 23:40:23 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 15:40:23 PST

Raw message

From: Nathan Loofbourrow <loofbour@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 15:40:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SysLaw and DigiCash

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh writes:
 > > Second, I didn't know Lance Rose was a lawyer, or even a "SysLawyer"
 >
 > No, I don't think he's a lawyer, but he wrote SysLaw which is widely hyped
 > as _the_ law book for BBS sysops. It's actually not that good - the EFF
 > recommends another one the name of which I've forgotten.

I just picked up a copy of "Cyberspace and the Law" -- when I'm
through with it, I'll post a review. It looks to be a nice, broad
survey, but it looks suspiciously thin for a book on law :-)

While I'm posting, have I missed any good rants from folks who've had
a crack at the DigiCash beta test? I had a few criticisms of the end
result, but I'd rather not introduce further redundancy.

nathan

Thread