1995-02-08 - Re: Judges-L FAQ

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: “Craig A. Johnston” <caj@tower.techwood.org>
Message Hash: 8558220353f7ca63e60662d71d139ccc1b61c98bfe8c589cef9814e63055f46f
Message ID: <9502082137.AA10512@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199502082043.MAA21652@tower.techwood.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-08 21:38:00 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Feb 95 13:38:00 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 95 13:38:00 PST
To: "Craig A. Johnston" <caj@tower.techwood.org>
Subject: Re: Judges-L FAQ

"Craig A. Johnston" says:

> It has come to my attention that the Judges-L FAQ is being distributed
> by someone who obtained it on this list, and being sent to people made
> to look as if it has issued from David Stodolsky.
>
> I must inform you that this FAQ is copyrighted material, and
> you are requested not to distribute it.

If the material is not actually registered with the copyright office,
I'll point out that at most you can get the distribution stopped, but
cannot get damages for the distribution. Unless you actually intend to
spend substantial sums on lawyers, you are unlikely to be able to do
even this much.

Perry

Thread