1995-02-13 - Re: The NSA (Was Re: Factoring - State of the Art and Predictions )

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Message Hash: a666961939472183f40ad333d7b602f4f26ee8e0649ae8c53b91965342c0ad83
Message ID: <v01510102ab64cd4dbfed@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 05:42:43 PST

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 05:42:43 PST
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Subject: Re: The NSA (Was Re: Factoring - State of the Art and Predictions )

At 1:09 AM 2/13/95, Black Unicorn wrote:
>There is a internet lore that says the more valuable and insightful a
>given article is, the less response it gets.
>
>I hope this is right, as most of mine tend to be ignored.

On the other hand, they also get forwarded to people not on the list who
may be interested, which helps.  Bruce's went to 3 or 4 mathematically
aware people I know. The work of Mssrs 'corn, Froomkin, Hughes, Finney,
May, et.al. get re-zinged all over the place by yours truly.

Some of us don't have the chops to comment on the <mostly> excellent
content of this list. We still appreciate the work.

Thanks to all of you.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga  (rah@shipwright.com) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923

Thread