1995-02-10 - Re: MIME based remailing commands

Header Data

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
To: Hal <rfb@lehman.com>
Message Hash: b6c50bc62059b97bd9a1698ed015f487971c44dd27a6f362406c2c4828ec9c29
Message ID: <0jCxBn=0Eyt5AxShYL@nsb.fv.com>
Reply To: <18386.792449215.1@nsb.fv.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-10 21:00:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 13:00:01 PST

Raw message

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 95 13:00:01 PST
To: Hal <rfb@lehman.com>
Subject: Re: MIME based remailing commands

Excerpts from mail: 10-Feb-95 Re: MIME based remailing co.. Rick
Busdiecker@lehman.c (1667)

> If you start your header name with X-, then you are conforming that
> gross, ugly atrocity that is MIME.  And yet, by using headers rather
> than TGUATIM, you help to preserve sanity and avoid that vast majority
> of MIME slime.

Well, I have no idea why you think that MIME is an "atrocity" or
"slime", but it is perfectly clear that you have no idea what it
actually *is*, since "X-" headers have nothing whatsoever to do with
MIME.  The "X-" headers are defined by RFC 822, which has been the
standard for Internet mail formats since 1982.

Perhaps you should learn what MIME is before you embarass yourself
further.  -- Nathaniel

Thread