1995-02-12 - Clinton’s No Warrant decree, and insulting dogs

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c2294d5694d5618f2e34f902f4665c520b7b4040242e003e6d8098eedbe17e48
Message ID: <gate.kq8F1c1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Feb 95 13:23:49 PST

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 95 13:23:49 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Clinton's No Warrant decree, and insulting dogs

Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>:
> WARRENTLESS SEARCHES CAN NOW BE APPROVED BY FREEH, RENO, DOD, ET.
> AL. AND CONDUCTED BY ANY FED AGENCY.  DUE TO THE CRIME BILL, THE FED
> AGENCIES ARE NOW ALL OPERATING IN CONSOLIDATED "TASK FORCES."

Clinton's recent high-profile resort to executive orders reminds me of
Yeltsin's 'democracy by decree'. I await with interest an American Chechnya.

However with the latest one he seems not to be ordering anything new, he's
just pulled something out of the legislative hat, he's just using powers
he's been given under the cited subsections of the Foreign Intelligence Act.
He seems happy to follow whatever little safeguards it has. How that Act
was never ruled unconstitutional beats me.

Why is Clinton kowtowing to the Notional Security Agency and the Federal
Bureau of Instigation all of a sudden? Is this a 'law-and-order' shift to
the right of a New New Democrat?

Can we all stop insulting dogs? Lawrence Detweiler can be safely refered to
as LD. Rottweilers, as a correspondent writes with "great umbrage" in last
week's Time, are "handsome, noble, courageous and steadfastly loyal."

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh          rishab@dxm.ernet.in           rishab@arbornet.org
Vox +91 11 6853410 Voxmail 3760335       H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread