1995-07-24 - Re: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers…

Header Data

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
To: Phil Fraering <pgf@tyrell.net>
Message Hash: 1245068726947f7d2d22967c678efb94440b8d1648f70b1bd44fd5142fc63109
Message ID: <9507241429.AA00433@ch1d157nwk>
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 07:30:45 PDT

Raw message

From: Andrew Loewenstern <andrew_loewenstern@il.us.swissbank.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 07:30:45 PDT
To: Phil Fraering        <pgf@tyrell.net>
Subject: Re: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers...

Futplex writes:
>  It would be interesting to see how the market would react to this.
>  There might be quite a bit of reluctance to take on the liability
>  of a remailer operator just to send an anonymous message (maybe
>  that's a good thing ;)

Running a remailer is forbidden by many ISP usage agreements.  Many of the
potential users of a remailer may not be able to 'pony-up' a few hours of
remailer operation lest they loose their account.  I thought the idea was to
get more people using the remailers, not fewer (perhaps just fewer
abusers)...

Also, users must be aware of a remailer (and have its public key) to use it.
I suppose you could temporarily add the user to a web page which clients
checked for a list of current remailers.  However, there are issues of
reputations of long-running remailers, etc...

andrew

Thread