1995-07-27 - Re: Full text of David Chaum’s Congressional speech

Header Data

From: “Rev. Mark Grant” <mark@unicorn.com>
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Message Hash: 2c701ae6277acc1d7628565faafb4cf1bfa900e8bd46714924d46cb7d8a7adf7
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9507271752.A20183-0100000@unicorn.com>
Reply To: <199507271636.JAA26799@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-27 16:47:11 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 09:47:11 PDT

Raw message

From: "Rev. Mark Grant" <mark@unicorn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 09:47:11 PDT
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Subject: Re: Full text of David Chaum's Congressional speech

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Hal wrote:

> There are some technical counter-measures though.  One is to have some
> secure tamper-proof hardware which enforces certain kinds of ecash
> transfers.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too... you'd have to hack the software
to do it with the current Ecash implementation, but it ought to be
possible if you had to.

> IMO payee anonymity will be a desired feature of
> ecash systems and I think Chaum is making a mistake claiming that it will
> not or should not exist.

Yep, I agree...

> Another quibble is that blackmail is not a good example.

Ooops... brainfade.. yes you're right 8-)..

	Mark

Thread