1995-07-13 - Re: Anti-Electronic Racketeering Act of 1995 (fwd)

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: bal@martigny.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: 33c7a236afd389455e058b51b1004aff66853835474891cc2ce46978411ca9ea
Message ID: <199507131412.KAA07969@panix.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 07:13:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 07:13:42 PDT
To: bal@martigny.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Anti-Electronic Racketeering Act of 1995 (fwd)

At 06:20 PM 7/12/95 -0400, Brian A. LaMacchia wrote:
>Finally, we begin to see the attack on all forms of un-escrowed
>encryption.  The bill provides an affirmable defense of
>giving the keys to the government ahead of time!
>
>            `(c) It shall be an affirmative defense to prosecution under this
>          section that the software at issue used a universal decoding device
>          or program that was provided to the Department of Justice prior to
>          the distribution.'.

We'll just supply the feds with some of the key testing code developed for
collective cracking of RSA-129 or RC4.  That code is "a universal decoding device or program."  All it takes is a few years... <g>

DCF

"Since the Occupational Safety and Health Administration started 'protecting' us, there has been no significant decline in work place injuries."

Thread