1995-07-24 - NOD_off

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3f2cfc3c645fe318942ee480335c9262a0b6294dd4c9c43b7f8444233e47aa25
Message ID: <199507241854.OAA01658@pipe6.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 11:54:53 PDT

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 11:54:53 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NOD_off

   7-24-95. NYPaper:

   "For I.B.M. Faithful, Questions About Windows 95."

      These are difficult days for OS/2 users."Every time I
      say I am an OS/2 user, I get immediately marginalized,"
      an elderly woman confided to a young man sitting next to
      her at last week's OS/2 World convention in Boston.
      "It's amazing what saying you are an OS/2 user brings
      out in people."

      "You just have to explain that you are at the cutting
      edge of a powerful new technology," the young man
      advised her with a heavy dose of sarcasm.      WRP_spd

   "Computer Pornography Hearing Will Not Include Expert
   Witness."

      The principal researcher in a computer pornography study
      will not testify at today's Senate hearing on children
      and computer pornography. Senator Charles E. Grassley,
      Republican of Iowa, removed the researcher, Marty Rimm,
      from the witness list late last week, after Carnegie
      Mellon University announced a formal investigation into
      whether Mr. Rimm and his faculty advisers had violated
      academic and ethical guidelines in preparing and
      publishing their study.                        WIT_les

   1 +1: NOD_off

Thread