1995-07-22 - Re: Netscape the Big Win(dows)

Header Data

From: bigdaddy@ccnet.com
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 5ea86e9ff78dc00fdf5d01f79269bb452fd81f344e1a662ea007f5ccbf68493c
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9507211942.A7260-0100000@ccnet3>
Reply To: <199507211829.OAA08315@bb.hks.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-22 02:17:22 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 19:17:22 PDT

Raw message

From: bigdaddy@ccnet.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 19:17:22 PDT
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape the Big Win(dows)

On Fri, 21 Jul 1995, Lucky Green wrote:
> Once someone tries Anarchie for ftp, or one of the enhanced (current
> leader seems to be Y.A.) Newswatchers for USENET, there is no going back
> to just Netscape.
	In my own experience, the Mac newsreaders that I have
tried(mainly Nuntius and Newswatcher) have felt incredibly slow compared
to tin. What, IMHO, would be a good step forward would be Mac versions of
UNIX packages like pine and tin...preferably with AppleScripts that
implement the same functionality as the PineSign and TinSign scripts
recently distributed here. I don't know about the Netscape-addicted
masses, but it would make my life a lot easier. :-)

David Molnar

Thread