1995-07-14 - Re: speeding detected by civilians

Header Data

From: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 61a72989b1570949efd3450cd9d20b1e9d5b281bb13d4d1df33f5e25ac105c06
Message ID: <199507140918.CAA04658@ix2.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 02:19:59 PDT

Raw message

From: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 02:19:59 PDT
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: speeding detected by civilians

At 02:01 PM 7/13/95 -0700, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
>Vernon Hills, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, has passed legislation allowing
>citizens to check out radar guns from the local police department to
>catch speeders in their community. The radar guns are combined with
>cameras in order to instantaneously capture the car, license number, and the
>rate of speed. The citizens can check out the units for a week at a time. The
>police have stated that they, at this time, will use the data to issue
>warning letters to the violaters.

I wonder how they'll feel if citizens start tracking the speeds of
police cars and reporting them..... :-)
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com

Thread