1995-07-23 - Re: S/MIME and the Future of Netscape

Header Data

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder@janet.advsys.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 95435dfe6768f78950b2c28688a8d2c70b5b8dba890b99d1a7c05309593045cb
Message ID: <199507231254.IAA22648@janet.advsys.com>
Reply To: <ac33d9e705021004c7d6@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-23 12:53:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 23 Jul 95 05:53:26 PDT

Raw message

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder@janet.advsys.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 95 05:53:26 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: S/MIME and the Future of Netscape

tcmay@sensemedia.net said:
> With regard to SSL and Netscape not being open to outside developers,
> several leading e-mail outfits, including Qualcomm, Netscape,
> Frontier, etc., are working on an interoperable secure e-mail
> standard called "Secure/MIME," or "S/MIME."

Do you have sources for this information?  MOSS is out there at least as a
Internet Draft, and possibly further along, and Steve Dorner of Qualcomm, the
original author of Eudora, is pretty active in the MIME community and I doubt
he would support a second MIME type to do the same thing...

Bob

Thread