1995-07-28 - Re: “Encryption” IRC script?

Header Data

From: “Donald M. Kitchen” <don@cs.byu.edu>
To: wmono@Direct.CA
Message Hash: b455e5dc5be9860651a450fe7686a20a720510b7f0d31c34d639c981e309faef
Message ID: <199507281013.EAA16859@bert.cs.byu.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 03:14:23 PDT

Raw message

From: "Donald M. Kitchen" <don@cs.byu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 03:14:23 PDT
To: wmono@Direct.CA
Subject: Re:  "Encryption" IRC script?

Yes, there are scripts that implement des encryption of IRC sessions,
using RSA to swap keys. (the encrypted lines always start with "clipper:"
on mine. I don't think it's the same as the one you've got, but yes,
they are out there. (See what you miss when you can't find people on
the #crypto channel!?!)

The channel that was used to coordinate against a recent spam attack
of remailers turned into a rather interesting chat about several subjects.
(Including digicash) It was about two months worth of cpunks... (without
the normally-cooresponding year's worth of alt.conspiracy reposts!!)
Maybe it would be fun to actually use the #crypto channel. (Unless there's
a #cpunk channel I don't know about?)

Don

Sorry I haven't been signing lately, but I've been replaced by a double.

Thread