1995-08-18 - Re: Export policy change

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 00a558a633b5cc33a9787aa672ecfc5c34d8eb7b6ba15e2fced60cc62d664ca0
Message ID: <v02120d02ac5a26d62a7a@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 04:32:11 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 04:32:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Export policy change

At 12:12 AM 8/18/95, Timothy C. May wrote:

>My neighbor has agreed to be the escrow agent for my keys. He doesn't know
>anything about computers, so he's taking my word that the things I give him
>every couple of months are disks. He figures that if the Justice Department
>ever asks for them, he'll point to the dusty box on the floor of his garage
>and say, "There they be."

You wouldn't want them to get *dusty*, Tim. Why not embed them in something
like epoxy, better, Lexan, to protect them from the elements? Say about a
foot thick in all directions... Should make sure the media itself is
sufficiently coated too. Don't want the little electrons getting hurt, you
know...

I see a market opportunity here. Time to buy DuPont stock. I hear it's been
depressed lately.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread