1995-08-08 - Judge Ito says NSA won’t help!

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3f3d80d34c6e4fe0f9357e52b2aaf9368fcc817a20e2656fb395a52759d74433
Message ID: <ac4d39270e0210042df7@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Aug 95 15:51:30 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 95 15:51:30 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Judge Ito says NSA won't help!

While watching the coverage of the OJ circus, I just heard Judge Ito say
about a tape that has been recorded over a couple of times:

"I doubt that it's recoverable, except by the NSA, and I doubt they're
going to help us."

I saw the lawyers smile, so they caught the reference.

Anybody who thinks the NSA remains obscure isn't watching enough t.v.!

--Tim May

Special note: My ISP has changed its domain name from "sensemedia.net" to
"got.net" (as in "got milk?"), so I have to again ask you all to bear with
me and use my new e-mail address, "tcmay@got.net".
Timothy C. May            | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
tcmay@got.net (Got net?)  | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
408-728-0152              | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
Corralitos, CA            | black markets, collapse of governments.
Higher Power: 2^756839    | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.