1995-08-24 - Re: The sorry state of non-US crypto

Header Data

From: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>
To: enzo@ima.com
Message Hash: 46f8faa8cd548cb70b4c9dd95911a5fb325e37ca39a01529af2541221b281e32
Message ID: <199508240224.FAA06635@shadows.cs.hut.fi>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.950823151630.14787E-100000@ima.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-24 02:25:00 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 19:25:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Tatu Ylonen <ylo@cs.hut.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 19:25:00 PDT
To: enzo@ima.com
Subject: Re: The sorry state of non-US crypto

> > I just spent an hour surfing the various crypto/cypherpunks web sites. In
> > this hour I did not come across a single non-US site that carried anything
> > else but PGP. Most non-US sites just carry rants about the evil ITAR, and
> Try these URL's:

Finland: ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/crypt
Sweden: ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/security/tools/crypt
Russia: ftp://ftp.kiae.su/pub/unix/crypto
Norway: ftp://ftp.unit.no/pub/unix/security
Australia: ftp://ftp.psy.uq.os.au/pub/Crypto

I have created a set of WWW pages at http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/crypto
that contains a lot of material and references to cryptographic
software, algorithms, and related information available outside the
US.  I'll expand the pages as I get suggestions for more things to put
there.  The pages will probably be quite stable and I'll try to
maintain them, so it is possible to refer to those pages wherever
references are needed for crypto archives outside the United States.

    Tatu

Thread