1995-08-11 - Re: PRZ encrypted voice software release imminent

Header Data

From: Ray Cromwell <rjc@clark.net>
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Message Hash: 68cdaf3f8a052bc18ccd1cd171ea99785cc1f0f3ec03d40b4a7ccf9be2081db5
Message ID: <199508111750.NAA25622@clark.net>
Reply To: <v02120d00ac513fd2f9bc@[192.0.2.1]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-11 17:50:51 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 10:50:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Ray Cromwell <rjc@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 10:50:51 PDT
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Subject: Re: PRZ encrypted voice software release imminent

> At 9:36 8/11/95, Ray Cromwell wrote:
>
> >  My question is, how portable is it, and does it work over TCP/IP rather
> >than just modem connections (I suggested this about a year ago)? My ideal
> >implementation would function on the following architectures:
>
> I can't comment on the features of PGPFone. However, know that Internet
> telephony (as all "real time" services) work overe UDP only, not TCP.

  If you reread my message, you'll see I mentioned UDP. I just refer
to IP protocols in general as "TCP/IP", implicit is that UDP and ICMP
are atleast included. The mention of "Winsock" should give you the context.

-Ray

Thread