1995-08-20 - Re: NSA into antigravity?

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 6bbbb405c74f04f562a22a29a8b3208576fe7d6586e49b508ec017e7237bf022
Message ID: <199508202002.QAA03115@frankenstein.piermont.com>
Reply To: <ac5ce06c020210044231@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-20 20:03:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 13:03:19 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 13:03:19 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: NSA into antigravity?

Timothy C. May writes:

> (No, I see no relevance for "coding in C," but even critics of "off-topic"
> posts have commented on this,

Because it isn't off topic. It was small and reasonably on-topic. So
are discussions of personal privacy, clipper, electronic cash, NSA
proceedure, and similar stuff. Its the long conspiracy theory rants
about Waco that are pure noise.

Furthermore, Tim, no one ever suggested that coding in C was the only
possible way people could contribute to the efforts we are
making. Popularization, lobbying, legal work, are all important.

It was the constant stream of posts about militias, Vincent Foster's
shoe size, and the like, which we were flaming.

Perry

Thread