1995-08-27 - SSL trouble

Header Data

From: A.Back@exeter.ac.uk
To: wfrench@interport.net
Message Hash: 7bbc8e1e62806e02ae15da5893c70afa0a33e9fc6341a17a2e8941d3af5158d0
Message ID: <9584.199508270839@olib>
Reply To: <199508262332.TAA26817@interport.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-27 08:39:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Aug 95 01:39:50 PDT

Raw message

From: A.Back@exeter.ac.uk
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 95 01:39:50 PDT
To: wfrench@interport.net
Subject: SSL trouble

Will French <wfrench@interport.net> writes:
>   Well, if someone starts talking real money, I might change my
> tune.

We are talking real money, the guy who hit the key will shortly be
getting c$ 442.30 (DigiCash c$), the amount of c$ donated for the 2nd
challenge on this page:

	http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/sslprize.html

Now collecting donations for the 3rd challenge which I guess Piete
will be hoping to do in the next few weeks, after a few software
improvements have been made.

You can buy US$ with these on the unofficial digicash exchange:

	http://www.c2.org/~mark/ecash/ecash.html

The current exchange rate is around 100 c$ = 5 US$, so that's ~22 US$,
not a huge prize, but all it needs is more donors to get a bigger
prize fund, if you want to join in to make the prize fund bigger, sign
up for the digicash trial (you get 100 c$ free):

	http://www.digicash.com/ecash/

and buy some c$ on the unofficial exchange.

Adam

Thread