1995-08-26 - Re: Thanks for all your efforts … you can stop now …

Header Data

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@src.umd.edu>
To: Piete Brooks <Piete.Brooks@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Message Hash: 8d8b599184ea452b1fd4c62ccf884faa3a14220b1b85be01eca8c7c3f3382d2d
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950826130755.29279A-100000@pipa.src.umd.edu>
Reply To: <“swan.cl.cam.:131320:950826110802”@cl.cam.ac.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-26 17:10:32 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Aug 95 10:10:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@src.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 95 10:10:32 PDT
To: Piete Brooks <Piete.Brooks@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Thanks for all your efforts ... you can stop now ...

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, Piete Brooks wrote:

> The actualy attempt is now over. See http://www.brute.cam.ac.uk/brute/
> (which is being updated from time to time). Thanks for your patience.
> Could people running old versions please kill any looping clients.

Thanks to Piete and the rest of the brute crew for getting this
experiment together!

I hope this will not be the end of our distributed brute-forcing runs,
but only the beginning!  We should be able to take what we have learned
from this run and put together an even smoother run for the next challenge.

-Thomas

Thread