1995-08-21 - Re: CoS Raid on “Copyright Terrorist”

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@escape.com>
To: Mike McNally <m5@dev.tivoli.com>
Message Hash: 928cda78adba596ddc19fb75ff1a556ddded0caeff70b6594966b7ae499deafd
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.950820200557.28752G-100000@escape.com>
Reply To: <9508151817.AA03464@vail.tivoli.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-21 00:27:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 17:27:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@escape.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 17:27:52 PDT
To: Mike McNally <m5@dev.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: CoS Raid on "Copyright Terrorist"

On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Mike McNally wrote:

> Ray Cromwell writes:
>  > Nowadays, a $10-20/mo maildrop at places like "Mailboxes, Etc" works fine.
>
> Mailboxes Etc. insists on getting a picture ID; at least they did last
> time I checked.  Some smaller mom&pop places will take a business card
> (time to break out your Jim Rockford Business Card Fabrication Kit).

Please, all you need is to go down to a computer time rental place that
has a color scanner and a color printer and you can print any ID you like.
Take a picture of you, scan it in, bring it to a word processor or
publisher program, write some text next to it like "Anon Y. Mouse Inc.
Joe Sixpack, Vice President of Operations, DOB: 4/1/69" print it, cut the
edges to make it look round, and get it laminated.  Instant I.D.

Worth as much as used toilet paper when it comes to your True Name.

I can do half the operation right now on my home machine.  Just have to
get the camcorder out and hook it up to the video capture card to get the
picture, then take it into Publish It Easy, write the text and put the
picture next to it.  Only thing I'm missing is a color inkjet printer and
a small laminator, but I can print to a poscript file, take the file to
Kinko's or wherever and print it there, buy a laminator for $40 and I'm set.

Hell, another $200 and I can get a decent color printer too.

=================================================================93=======
 + ^ + |  Ray Arachelian | Amerika: The land of the Freeh. | \-_    _-/  |
  \|/  |sunder@escape.com| Where day by day, yet another   |  \  --  /   |
<--+-->|                 | Constitutional right vanishes.  |6 _\-  -/_  6|
 + v + | "No" to the NSA!| Jail the censor, not the author!|     \/      |
      /  I watched and weeped as the Exon bill passed, knowing that yet /
     / another freedom vanished before my eyes.  How soon before we see/
    /a full scale dictatorship in the name of decency? While the rest /
   /of_the_world_fights_FOR_freedom,_our_gov'ment_fights_our_freedom_/

Thread