1995-08-09 - Crypto = Competitive Advantage?

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ade808617ed0bf6cb5a5d9898dcda9c5d7a20240fe1a9ab9e5275572dcb82371
Message ID: <199508091417.KAA17510@panix.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Aug 95 11:13:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 95 11:13:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crypto = Competitive Advantage?

Note to Mr. Bill -

I was watching CNBC this morning while reading my mail and they had a story
on the Netscape Communications IPO (ticker NSCP btw).  Some analyst said
when asked whether Microsoft couldn't just wipe them out that the most
important part of Netscape's product was that it offered end-to-end
encryption.  He said that this was important for the growth of the nets and
was something that people wanted.

DCF

"Competitive Advantage - Markets vs Politics - in a market your customers go
out of their way to give you their money, in politics the 'customers' go out
of their way to keep from giving you their money."

Thread