1995-08-06 - addressing

Header Data

From: “Alan Pugh” <Alan Pugh@MAILSRV2.PCY.MCI.NET>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ddcaaf7f45b14b97f2998a35099d2f039464e5ef6f11c823998241353c3004b2
Message ID: <01HTQAQQ0ATE8WX734@MAILSRV1.PCY.MCI.NET>
Raw Date: Sat, 5 Aug 95 19:28:35 PDT

Raw message

From: "Alan Pugh" <Alan Pugh@MAILSRV2.PCY.MCI.NET>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 95 19:28:35 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: addressing

hello all,

while this message has zero cypherpunks content, i'm posting this
information request here because i think there is a good chance that
someone on this list can help me with my question.

a friend of mine who has an mcimail account is having trouble getting
messages to a person in the far east with an address that looks like
this...

<FLAST+PERMATMS%Perigon@mcimail.com

the 'flast' represents her first initial and last name.

i've never seen a "%" or "+" in an address before and am wondering
if anyone out there can tell me what they mean, or if they can be resolved
to a typical net.address.

thanks for your time.

amp
          *          / Only God can see the whole     *
          *          \ Mandlebrot Set at Once!        *
          * amp                                       *
          * <0003701548@mcimail.com>                  *
          * <alan.pugh@internetmci.com>               *
Key fingerprint =  A7 97 70 0F E2 5B 95 7C  DB 7C 2B BF 0F E1 69 1D

Thread