1995-08-31 - Re: CIA & Espionage

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: Hadmut Danisch <danisch@ira.uka.de>
Message Hash: f17ac3f4c691e082b6dbec2c3bdabe5448d83c7c3b1a9e782c867cb24b0aebbc
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950830230618.22183B-100000@access2.digex.net>
Reply To: <9508302127.AA00492@elysion.iaks.ira.uka.de>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-31 03:08:12 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 20:08:12 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 20:08:12 PDT
To: Hadmut Danisch <danisch@ira.uka.de>
Subject: Re: CIA & Espionage

On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 23:27:23 +0200
> From: Hadmut Danisch <danisch@ira.uka.de>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: CIA & Espionage
>

> > because of the source of confirmation, but because it fits right into the
> > direction most of the intelligence agencies have been taking since the
> > revelation that the French had won out a multi-billion $ contract for air
> > traffic control because the French service had, through various espionage
> > methods, determined the U.S. bidding position and such.
>
> We have a similar story in Germany. Some time ago, an asian country
> (South Korea if I remember well) was looking for a high speed
> passenger train. They had to choose between the german ICE and the
> french TGV. Both trains  have nearly the same quality from technical
> point of view. Korea decided to take the cheaper one.
>
> The germans gave an offer and just half an hour later the french gave
> an offer slightly (just a little bit) cheaper than the germans. France
> got the order (over 10^9 D-Mark). The german headquarter had
> instructed their asian office to give the offer with a certain price
> through unprotected fax. It is said that the fax was wiretapped by the
> french secret service (allegedly)...

The french are particularly nortorious for this.

> Hadmut

Question:  How many pounds of explosive were put in the Citreon which
leveled the embassy in a massive explosion?

Answer: Zero.

00B9289C28DC0E55 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
E16D5378B81E1C96 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!
*New Key Information*    -    Finger for key revocation and latest key update.

Thread