1995-09-15 - Re: CYPHERPUNK harmful. THE TRUTH IS TOLD

Header Data

From: kelso@netcom.com (Tom Rollins)
To: greenbes@netcom.com (Steven Greenberg)
Message Hash: 01d7bb5d72bbdf4bbe853e1c1a49bac8e589da2882eb8d9836c393d7e0a3d416
Message ID: <199509152231.PAA07080@netcom18.netcom.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9509151414.A23653-0100000@netcom>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-15 22:34:56 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 15:34:56 PDT

Raw message

From: kelso@netcom.com (Tom Rollins)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 15:34:56 PDT
To: greenbes@netcom.com (Steven Greenberg)
Subject: Re: CYPHERPUNK harmful.  THE TRUTH IS TOLD

Steve says:
> Hmmmm... If memory serves, a year or so ago there was just such a schism
> when a prominent cypherpunk split off and formed the "cypherWONKS" list.
> The failure of that list can be attributed to one thing and one thing
> alone: a concerted effort by YOU and your acolytes against it.

EEEK,
"cypherWONKS" sounds to me like someone working for Bill Clinton.
I believe that Bill and Hillary are the only people that I have
heard use this WONK term.  Even they didn't like WONKS.

Thread