1995-09-30 - ESM under ULTRIX?

Header Data

From: dan@milliways.org (Dan Bailey)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 02b22ae60ee73ac0b2d0445bb933ba0ba2a4fc7c6da2ab8c3d551dc5c1850872
Message ID: <199509300215.AA06751@ibm.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 19:15:12 PDT

Raw message

From: dan@milliways.org  (Dan Bailey)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 19:15:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ESM under ULTRIX?

I'm having some trouble getting ESM to work under DEC Ultrix.  Has
anyone gotten this to work?  My first problem was that Ultrix doesn't
understand one of the constants passed to an ioctl.  With the help of
a Linux box, I got the value of the constant and plugged it in.
	Now ESM compiles, says randomizing........, then does a carriage
return and just dies.  Ctrl-C doesn't work, Ctrl-Z doesn't work.
Further I know that it's dying somewhere before the ioctl.  Anyone one
know how to make this work?  For reference,
> uname -a
ULTRIX bigwpi.WPI.EDU 4.5 0 RISC

						Dan

#define private public						dan@milliways.org
Worcester Polytechnic Institute and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe