1995-09-18 - Re: FAX Encryption Software

Header Data

From: acollier@crl.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 07fe8cdb27f25b29eb6999a752755be6062714380c82c4115ab18872604cac8e
Message ID: <43ii1t$210@nntp.crl.com>
Reply To: <43hvft$n2b@news1.deltanet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-18 01:59:49 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 18:59:49 PDT

Raw message

From: acollier@crl.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 18:59:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FAX Encryption Software

clav@deltanet.com wrote:

>ANYONE FOR A CRYPTO-STRONG, YET EASY TO USE FAX/EMAIL SECURITY
>SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR BUSINESS OR OTHER USE???

>Aliroo Ltd. has developed a Windows, eye-to-eye fax/email
>encryption package called PrivaSoft.

>Unlike any previously devised system, this method protects, with
>only 4 mouse clicks, fax and email transmissions in electronic
>and even paper form - FROM THE TIME YOU CREATE A MESSAGE UNTIL IT
>IS READ - NOT JUST WHEN YOUR FAX IS BEING TRANSMITTED.

>You can encrypt a message, and then fax or email it (via plain
>old standard fax machine or fax modem), print it to paper or save
>to a disk file.

>It is fully licensed, without restriction for export, by the U.S.
>Department of Commerce. NO PGP WORRIES.

Also no worries about security - if DOC says you can have it, you can bet
that NSA has seen to it that it is cryptographically weak, or else uses a
key escrow system (where sombody else can get to the keys), and as insecure
as any other non-published method.  For all we know, they may be using a
cereal box decoder ring set up.

>Email me for a free copy which will be sent to you via email or
>snail mail post. It is fully functional (not crippleware) and
>enables you to try our system out before purchase with 8 free
>page scrambles. It retails for $130 per installed computer.
>Looking for end users and distributors.

>Thanks,
>David

Thread