1995-09-29 - Re: “Notes” to be Eclipsed by “Netscape”

Header Data

From: anonymous@robo.remailer
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0d9cc8b897a0548eea0afe2e3aad7db65c1f7dc8ae4f7f1b63ed399ea5d16d35
Message ID: <199509290004.RAA28740@infinity.c2.org>
Reply To: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950928205053.16699C-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-29 00:09:31 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 17:09:31 PDT

Raw message

From: anonymous@robo.remailer
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 17:09:31 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "Notes" to be Eclipsed by "Netscape"

> In an interview today in a Stockholm paper with a technical spokes-
> person for Hewlett-Packard (about the HP internal net with 19
> worldwide connections to the Internet - by the way, allegedly
> no one has ever succeeded in breaking their firewalls) it was

	"allegedly". Well I suppose you don't need to break the HP
firewall to get past it, so I guess that could be an appropriate
statement.
	(I adminned a few of their firewalls for a short time on
contract while the person who was normally in charge of them was
away. Calling it a firewall is a stretch of the word-- They allow
telnets from sites at berkeley.edu and stanford.edu with reusable
passwords, for one example.)

Thread