1995-09-03 - Re: O.J. ObCrypto: Fuhrman’s Folly Fans Fakery Fears…

Header Data

From: monty.harder@famend.com (MONTY HARDER)
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Message Hash: 10b742c624a8394a0551171bd350afb62c5fb65a019bd6d337e61f77153c53f6
Message ID: <8B0556B.00030003E0.uuout@famend.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Sep 95 01:45:44 PDT

Raw message

From: monty.harder@famend.com (MONTY HARDER)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 95 01:45:44 PDT
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Subject: Re: O.J. ObCrypto:  Fuhrman's Folly Fans Fakery Fears...

RA> separate step/pass) Encrypt the Signed Message (IOW is E+S just a short cut
RA> for the two processes done in sequence using the same key for both

  The only way that -es uses the same key for both the encryption and
signature is if I have EncryptToSelf turned on, or I explicity specify
my signature key as one of the recipients. My privkey is used for the
signature, but =your= pubkey is used for the encryption.

 * A dork with a modem can become a dork with a modem and an Internet address.
---
 * Monster@FAmend.Com *

Thread