1995-09-30 - Yet Another “(Fwd) Internet Euro-Clipper”

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 145bb227d6625600c47cd688f6522037045e475721bfc2ed5d70baaff9f24403
Message ID: <ac91f4d10c021004a0e7@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 19:06:45 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 19:06:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Yet Another "(Fwd) Internet  Euro-Clipper"

At 5:12 PM 9/29/95, Peter Trei wrote:
> [...]

The biggest problem I have with this is that this is the third, fourth, or
fifth posting of Ross Anderson's piece to this list (maybe I'm counting one
or more posts to Cyberia-l). (And others commented on the "Europeans to ban
strong crypto" theme about a week ago.)

I urge people to read what's on the list and not repost things which have
already appeared. If they don't have time to read all of the messages on
the list, which is understandable, then they need to be even more careful
in posting things.

Not to pick on Peter Trei, as this happens all the time, whenever a hot
issue appears.

With 1000 people on the list, repeated postings and cross-posting spams are
getting out of hand.

--Tim May