1995-09-02 - Direct Socket to Remailer?

Header Data

From: ROBO Mixmaster Remailer <robo@c2.org>
To: toad.com.loki@obscura.com
Message Hash: 4b638f4f06cb8c706b2daf004dc5feec7cc504b2bc15bdea06266199ecdaf0ea
Message ID: <199509020225.TAA29123@infinity.c2.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 19:36:18 PDT

Raw message

From: ROBO Mixmaster Remailer <robo@c2.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 19:36:18 PDT
To: toad.com.loki@obscura.com
Subject: Direct Socket to Remailer?

I've heard of telnetting to port 25 to send SEMI-untraceable e-mail.
The procedure, quite frankly, sounds rather complicated.

Most of my mail that I don't want traced goes through the Mixmaster
remailer network.  I'm using Winsock-compatible software via a PPP
connection.  Is it possible, for example, to tell my mailer software
to use the remailer itself, such as "remail.obscura.com" as the mail
host, rather than "mail.myISP.com"?  Will it work, at least for
sending, without having an account at "obscura.com", or whatever
remailer?  Would that be less traceable than sending it through my
ISP's mail host?

Thread