1995-09-05 - (NOISE) Re: e$: More fun with cash: Senate Bill 307

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: liberty@gate.net (Jim Ray)
Message Hash: 5de74ed4c94956878ccabd4049479df2fec5047d51d1f3e746ec18b55fa34b13
Message ID: <199509050127.SAA14037@ix9.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 18:30:48 PDT

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 18:30:48 PDT
To: liberty@gate.net (Jim Ray)
Subject: (NOISE) Re: e$: More fun with cash: Senate Bill 307

>I had heard that it was the Columbians, branching out from the cocaine
>business with those fancy new copy machines, which are supposed to be
>able to duplicate the blue & red threads in US currency paper.

But if the government was _serious_ about supply-side drug-trade reduction,
wouldn't they _encourage_ this sort of thing?  After all, that way
the Colombians can make as much money as they do today without the
bother of hauling all that white powder into the US?  :-)

(Sure, it's a cypherpunk topic, after all real crypto is mainly about
economics and threat analysis :-)

>See, when the GOVERNMENT spends money, it creates jobs; whereas
>when the money is left in the hands of TAXPAYERS, God only knows
>what they do with it.  Bake it into pies, probably.  Anything to
>avoid creating jobs.  -- Dave Barry
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---

Thread