1995-09-26 - Re: Security Update news release

Header Data

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5e9cffec7d4d66e424e9e80b8df34ef25ef20731f0332393b5bff8085fa28b1f
Message ID: <199509261955.MAA02671@orac.engr.sgi.com>
Reply To: <DFIKyx.63G@sgi.sgi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-26 20:13:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 13:13:53 PDT

Raw message

From: tomw@orac.engr.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 13:13:53 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Security Update news release

In article <DFIKyx.63G@sgi.sgi.com>, shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green) writes:

> Do the new versions use PGP's randseed.bin? If Netscape even only looks at
> data used to keep PGP secure,  Netscape will be banned from my computer
> and every computer I am responsible for. -- For good.

This is ludicrous.  You couldn't compromise PGP's security even if you
posted the contents of randseed.bin to the net.  It's contents are
carefully sanitized before it's saved to disk and before it's used.

--
Sure we spend a lot of money, but that doesn't mean    |  Tom Weinstein
we *do* anything.  --  Washington DC motto             |  tomw@engr.sgi.com

Thread