1995-09-24 - Lynx (or approx for Windows)?

Header Data

From: “James Caldwell” <jcaldwel@iquest.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6ec1f725ab074e457583c937d6237768831adb370f78312f1b99addbfc0c27bf
Message ID: <m0swznj-00062nC@dorite1.iquest.net>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Sep 95 15:45:41 PDT

Raw message

From: "James Caldwell" <jcaldwel@iquest.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 95 15:45:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Lynx (or approx for Windows)?

On 24 Sep 95 at 18:10, SysAdmin wrote:

> Screw 'em. If they want to be the defacto standard for *some* OS's
> but not all, someone else will come along and fill in the gap.
> Besides, they already made the point that they don't want to make
> money so why change the status quo. All the more reason to show the
> weaknesses of the product before others get sucked in. I'll stick to
> TkWWW and Lynx thank you.

Sounds odd, but would there be something like Lynx available for
Windows, preferably with forms features fixed. I don't browse for
the pretty pictures and turning the graphics off in Nutscrape doesn't
speed it up much.

Thread