1995-09-06 - Re: Growth of actions definded as crime. Which math formula?

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Message Hash: 717abebeb46fd75c8c76e60a8fd76f894c42e83b693e18add7c01db87e4637df
Message ID: <v02120d13ac72fb4a20f8@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Tue, 5 Sep 95 23:15:31 PDT

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 95 23:15:31 PDT
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Subject: Re: Growth of actions definded as crime. Which math formula?

At 2:00 9/6/95, Black Unicorn wrote:

>> If they guy would have gotten away before the new law was passed, it is a
>> new crime.
>
>This is very rare.  It's mostly in definitional cases, for example, where
>Extacy was just not defined as a controlled substance some years ago.
>
>Created crimes are few and far between.

Excurse my ignorance, but it just begs the question. Why then all the new
laws? Just to twist the penalty screw another turn?

Confused,

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread