1995-09-18 - Re: Joe Sixpack and his TV

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@polaris.mindport.net>
To: s675570@aix2.uottawa.ca
Message Hash: 9515a843f4300d801e244078a157093f2a29b3a1a68882168c7668102d254a82
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950917211934.20712A-100000@polaris.mindport.net>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9509172041.B83388-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-18 01:19:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 18:19:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@polaris.mindport.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 18:19:52 PDT
To: s675570@aix2.uottawa.ca
Subject: Re: Joe Sixpack and his TV

On Sun, 17 Sep 1995 s675570@aix2.uottawa.ca wrote:

> If Mr. & Mrs J. Sixpack seem to know zilch at present about strong or any
> other other kind of crypto, would it maybe, possibly have to do with a lack
> of exposure to it on the soap operas of their favorite media, ie TV? Hmmm.
>
> The general level of paranoia on X-Files (100 milion viewers all over the
> world, rabid internet following) is even higher than on this list, and
> the usual discussions on this list would read like a free vacation to their
> scriptwriters and researchers. Anyone have any scriptwriting skills?
> 100 million potential subscribers to toad are stake... (Yes I guess then
> we'd have to move to usenet distribution. But think how entertaining our
> flames wars would become. Yes I'm definitely calling for it, and the big
> house with the hot tub would be nice too. Only half joking. Honestly though,
> anyone want to find out their email addreses and send out a gratis
> subscription to toad? A script would be nice too. It's better exposure
> than five seconds of Tim with Connie Chung.)

As I understand it shows like "The X-Files" don't accept unsolicited
scripts.  Not surprising as I'm sure they have writer's agreements.

---
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information

Thread