1995-09-18 - Re: ftp://www.brooks.af.mil/pub/unix/utils/des.tar

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: jim@acm.org
Message Hash: aaf9a1e3df0ce8f188274d29459cf2a88f7388d5f9a3f71229446fdd452456ed
Message ID: <199509181924.PAA09406@bwface.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <199509181748.KAA17616@mycroft.rand.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-18 19:25:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 12:25:17 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 12:25:17 PDT
To: jim@acm.org
Subject: Re: ftp://www.brooks.af.mil/pub/unix/utils/des.tar

	I would expect that as the folks responsible for the FTP site,
you could drag the USAF into the lawsuit as a co-defendant, then get
the suit against you dropped because of the statue of limitations,
leaving the AG investigating the Air Force. :)

Adam

| > Would someone from outside the US try to download the above file?
| > It would be, at least, amusing if an Air Force site were in violation
| > of the ITAR (their README notwithstanding).
|
| Hurm -- if Phil Karn and I knowingly allow it to remain there, that puts
| us in the same position as Phil Zimmermann, right?  Oh -- except that our
| offenses may already be beyond the statute of limitations.

					               -Hume

Thread