1995-09-08 - Re: ECPA (Was: University logging mail to anon.penet.fi)

Header Data

From: keelings@wu1.wl.aecl.ca (S. Keeling)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ab3d11d3ce0be58a855e7296938ba6f7946a10cdde7997bd624ceca2132405e8
Message ID: <9509082134.AA19037@wu1.wl.aecl.ca>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 14:35:20 PDT

Raw message

From: keelings@wu1.wl.aecl.ca (S. Keeling)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 14:35:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ECPA (Was: University logging mail to anon.penet.fi)

Incoming from Jim Ray:
> "Josh M. Osborne" <stripes@va.pubnix.com> writes:
>
> >down somewhat, in a very libertarian society oyu might be able to
> >run a profatable ISP selling to the very nich market of people who
> >want to threten, harass, or generally make a nuicence of themselves).
>
> As the list's designated "very libertarian" advocate, I must object.
> Here is what you must sign to become a member of the Libertarian Party:

	And here, I must object (sorry Perry; I'll be brief).

	Whatever do the workings of an hypothetical "libertarian"
society have to do with the "Libertarian Party"?  Certainly, it would
be nice if the latter were working towards the former, but the two are
not the same.

	I know of quite a few `l'ibertarians who strongly object to
the `L'ibertarian Party pledge.

--

 "Remember, obsolescence (Win95) isn't an accident;  it's an art form!"
   keelings@wu1.wl.aecl.ca       s. keeling,   aecl - whiteshell labs

Thread