1995-09-06 - Re: Flame: Re: Collection of personal info

Header Data

From: Rob Lowry <robl@on-ramp.ior.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0de8774f682fb7d8a88491769c765439ac98a7f191101addcde43b19e52949c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.950906162650.6403A-100000@on-ramp.ior.com>
Reply To: <9509062238.AA06272@cs.umass.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-06 23:31:35 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 16:31:35 PDT

Raw message

From: Rob Lowry <robl@on-ramp.ior.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 16:31:35 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Flame: Re: Collection of personal info

> Some close friends of mine have been raped, and I get the overwhelming
> impression from them that rape has about as much in common with the sale of
> financial databases as it does with Rice-a-Roni. Find a better analogy, or
> you'll sound about as credible as those who insist the Internet teems with
> pedophilic bombers who push dope outside preschools.

Sorry if my choice of words offended you.. the intent was to express the
feeling of being violated without consent. Perhaps I should have used the
term violated or some other less violent term.

The point being, I did not give permission for my records to be
distributed, nor did I see a disclaimer on my credit cards that states
that the transactions I make will be sold off to mailing houses in order
to target me for additional sales.

RobL

Thread