1995-09-20 - Re: NYT on Netscape Crack

Header Data

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b623300af073b274280ad18b4545146d10e114eed5daf0da3486664644dc366d
Message ID: <9509200216.AA17904@sulphur.osf.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 19:17:04 PDT

Raw message

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 19:17:04 PDT
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: NYT on Netscape Crack

>I take a long term view of security. Basically I don't trust security software
>until it has been released in a stable condition for a few years.

Really?  So I assume you won't be using an ATM card to buy gasoline until
the next millenium?

>Visa and Mastercard will be comming out with a spec which will have very tight
>requirements for implementations.

I thought it was Visa and MC and Microsoft are coming out with an
implementation, and then will get around to releasing the specs.
One of V or MC also said that the only approved way to do Internet
commerce with their card was to use this new system.

	/r$

Thread