1995-09-17 - Re: “Hackers”– brief review and anecdote…

Header Data

From: Ray Cromwell <rjc@clark.net>
To: steven@echonyc.com (Steven Levy)
Message Hash: b9cf1a46a0938f728c26b1aa3a92ee3ecd734669a2d48bd0ca716468a55b6b52
Message ID: <199509170217.WAA10568@clark.net>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9509162002.A11836-0100000@echonyc>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-17 02:18:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Sep 95 19:18:16 PDT

Raw message

From: Ray Cromwell <rjc@clark.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 95 19:18:16 PDT
To: steven@echonyc.com (Steven Levy)
Subject: Re: "Hackers"-- brief review and anecdote...

> >I saw "Hackers" yesterday. It's not bad and its political sensibility is
> >very cyberpunk. The ad campaign even uses the tag line, "Their only crime
> >is curiosity."
>
> It may not be a crime, but it's not nice to steal a title.

 I think there's a high probability of someone independently inventing
the title "hackers" for this movie rather than steal it. It's not
very original. Besides, the content of your book has very little
to do with this movie. The movie would be more appropriately
titled "crackers" or "phreakers"

-Ray

Thread