1995-09-27 - Re: getting netscape to support the remailers

Header Data

From: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
To: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Message Hash: ca00d3f0946f0331abb9eeb64410f314a34075afea30b899c8f805996b01ae90
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.90.950927024402.1929A-100000@dfw.net>
Reply To: <199509261957.MAA20143@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-27 07:50:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 00:50:58 PDT

Raw message

From: Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 00:50:58 PDT
To: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Subject: Re: getting netscape to support the remailers

As far I can tell from netscapes web pages and the java mailing lists
there only way to add to the runtime is with DLL's. Jave is only being
used for applets. And whatever they may say their scripting language is
not Java. (An engineer at Sun that worked on getting Java to work for
Netscape said that Sun had nothing to do with that half cooked scripting
language).

I for once can wait till HotJava is more stable. You can modify it at
your hearths content. And learning Java is easy enough.

Aleph One / aleph1@dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, sameer wrote:

> 	That was what I was thinking as well. I am confused by
> Netscape's java support though.. I haven't seen very many details. Is
> netscape going to only support applets or can you add stuff to the
> runtime as well? In order to use jcrypt one needs access to add stuff
> to the runtime I beleive.

Thread