1995-09-15 - Re: NSA on GAK

Header Data

From: “Erik E. Fair” (Time Keeper) <fair@clock.org>
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Message Hash: d48195c700d1ad6f7c8398b425dc5430a8091ca17f62318271889a45610ed7fd
Message ID: <v02110103ac7efea7e15c@[204.179.132.6]>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 09:04:16 PDT

Raw message

From: "Erik E. Fair"  (Time Keeper) <fair@clock.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 09:04:16 PDT
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Subject: Re: NSA on GAK

At 16:25 9/14/95, Rich Salz wrote:
>>> Internet runs on software distributed over the Internet.
>
>This is more like an aphorism than a true statement.

Um, not really. I dunno about you, but I don't bother to get new ROMs from
cisco for each new software release - I FTP the code over the net, and
write it into flash RAM in the routers (or net boot it). So, in fact, there
are many sites (and backbones) for which that statement is literally true.

Erik Fair

P.S.    And yes, cisco does publish MD5 hashes of their binaries.

Thread