1995-09-20 - Munitions shirt (again)

Header Data

From: Ian Goldberg <iang@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dd66a978eefd778e0c17f21799e804b962577a326c3e9cdbedf2dfe0d59f1d50
Message ID: <199509201549.IAA19844@cuzco.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 08:49:11 PDT

Raw message

From: Ian Goldberg <iang@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 08:49:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Munitions shirt (again)

So, Dave and I got free munitions shirts (they're different, though;
the font is smaller and they have a bunch of X'd out Constitutional
Amendments on the back; I think they ere designed by Joel Furr) for
our bug find.

So I'm wearing it today.  The thing is, I live in International House,
a residence that has 50% non-Americans.

So, any consensus as to whether it's actually illegal to do so?  I
remember some disagreement a few weeks ago that AFAIK wasn't resolved.

As far as I can tell, it's _technically_ illegal, but any LEO would be
out of his mind to try to enforce it (it would have to be a Fed, too,
wouldn't it?  Or can regular city cops get you for violating export
restrictions?).

   - Ian

Thread