1995-09-21 - Re: Fraud Fraut Froth

Header Data

From: iagoldbe@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ian Goldberg)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e1273795bb7849b1f12c3928148c6733de18169bcdd852861986d8a37657f4af
Message ID: <43s46q$3qs@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Reply To: <199509211130.HAA20039@light.lightlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-21 16:35:06 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Sep 95 09:35:06 PDT

Raw message

From: iagoldbe@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ian Goldberg)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 95 09:35:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Fraud Fraut Froth

In article <199509211130.HAA20039@light.lightlink.com>,
 <anonymous@freezone.remailer> wrote:
>NY Times, Sept 21, 1995.
>
>Fraud Can Flourish Without the Internet
>
>To the Editor:

[snip]

>Or is the banking industry whipping up hysteria among
>purchasers to curb fraud losses? Was the work of those
>graduate students funded by someone -- directly or indirectly?
>If so, by whom? A banking consortium? A high-tech company
>working on some patentable security scheme?

The work we did was not funded by anyone.  If someone out there would
care to rectify this situation, he can let us know. :-)

   - Ian "Grad students are not notoriously wealthy in this country,
            either, right?"

Thread