1995-09-08 - Re: Why Key Escrow (GAK) is So Bad

Header Data

From: “Robert A. Rosenberg” <hal9001@panix.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: eb68f3593d2809c102e6964a58bbb64dc70cd2364214f6117f88ad7c43df962b
Message ID: <v02130509ac757ea3c107@[166.84.254.3]>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 00:12:11 PDT

Raw message

From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9001@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 95 00:12:11 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Why Key Escrow (GAK) is So Bad

At 10:22 9/7/95, Timothy C. May wrote:
>(Ironically, I just heard about a case in Texas where a judge ordered a
>mother to stop speaking in Spanish to her child at home, calling it "child
>abuse." The implications of this are self-evident.)

You have the facts slightly wrong. The order was no to stop talking Spanish
and to use English but only to Not use Spanish EXCLUSIVELY but to also use
English (so as to allow the Child to Grow up in a Bilingual Environment).
Waiting until the child was old enough to go to school would put the Child
at a disadvantage in learning English since the window of Chance for
Language Skill Pickup would have closed.

Thread