1995-09-29 - Electronic junk mail

Header Data

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f0e3078d76bcf57bfd8608a534363fe29f4f9bf64d19897992dfe4df13a9b0c2
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950929164534.29284A-100000@harrier.csrv.uidaho.edu>
Reply To: <199509292241.RAA24918@dns.eng.auburn.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-29 23:55:06 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 16:55:06 PDT

Raw message

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 16:55:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Electronic junk mail

I just recieved an electronic junkmail!
not only that but it was racist (and/or republican) in content.

<root@goshawk.cserv.uidaho.edu>:

> Syed Yusuf wrote...
>
>>   how did this get into my mailbox and is there anything I can do to
>>keep stuff like this out?
>
> apparently someone sent this message to a lot of people -- others have
> reported getting it too.
>
> there is _nothing_ you can do to keep unwanted mail out of your mailbox,
Nothing? NOTHING??????

Cypher punks to the rescue? my privacy has been violated anyone got any
ideas besides just putting each individual into my kill file?

--
Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu> |   http://www.uidaho.edu/~yusuf921
Keep me away from Wisdom that does not Cry, Philosophy that does not Laugh,

Thread