1995-10-12 - Oct 14 meeting, focus on Java, Mountain View, California

Header Data

From: mrm@netcom.com (Marianne Mueller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0637fa46f7c50689adc997e0ab1dfee0105ab2f3fe4f4a1fa7f9fb915d76ca9a
Message ID: <199510121831.LAA02357@netcom20.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 11:59:13 PDT

Raw message

From: mrm@netcom.com (Marianne Mueller)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 11:59:13 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Oct 14 meeting, focus on Java, Mountain View, California

Hello again -

First, my sincere apologies for not making it clear in the first
announcement that the Oct 14 meeting focussing on Java is being
held in the bay area of California.

Next, feel free to speak up for speaker slots if you're so inclined.
I was surprised no one wrote in to ask for speaker slots although
a lot of people wrote in to ask for more details on where the meeting
was and others wrote in to chastise me (correctly) for being so
bayAreaCentric.

Saturday Oct 14

         Time: 12 noon - 6 p.m.

        Place: Sparcy's cafeteria, building 21, Sun Microsystems
               Mountain View, California

  AgendaSoFar: 12 - 12:15    - Settle in, have a bagel
	       12:15 - 12:45 - Overview of Java/HotJava
	       12:45 - 2:00  - Java Security Model, Sami Shaio, Java group, Sun
	        2:00 - 3:00  - discussion, Q&A, open mike
		3:00 - 3:30  - break
		3:30 - 4:30  - Jcrypt, Doug Barnes, Amanda Chou
		4:30 - 6:00  - TBD

   Directions: Take 101 to Amphitheater Parkway.  Turn left
               onto Garcia, and drive about 1/2 mile and turn
               onto the first genuine side street which is
	       named Marina Way.   Drive about 1/4 mile and look
	       for a right hand turn onto Coast.   Building 21
	       will be on your left.  It's on the corner of Coast
	       and Marina Way.   There's plenty of parking there.

    Internet:  I'm trying to arrange to get a computer connected to
	       the net in that room so that we can set up MBONE,
	       but I don't know if that will be possible or not.

Enough people wrote in to say that they'd like to hear a bit about
Java and HotJava (and how Netscape is using Java) to convince me
it would be a good idea to start off with setting some context.

See you on Saturday!  Should be fun.

Marianne
mrm@netcom.com
mrm@eng.sun.com