1995-10-13 - Re: Anguilla Cypherpunks Meeting

Header Data

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
To: Michael Froomkin <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Message Hash: 07ce1b0cb53628c001f8360600871f8742f8b33b34f8f5df4fa3b72d0f417be4
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9510131114.A70910-0100000@aix2.uottawa.ca>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951013102909.29537B-100000@viper.law.miami.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-13 15:41:34 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 08:41:34 PDT

Raw message

From: s1018954@aix2.uottawa.ca
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 08:41:34 PDT
To: Michael Froomkin <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Subject: Re: Anguilla Cypherpunks Meeting

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Michael Froomkin wrote:

> > If while you are outside the USA you want to write some software that uses
> > encryption and sell it worldwide, let me know.  I could put you up while
> > you wrote it and my company could sell it for share of the selling price.
> > Let me know what you are thinking of and how long you think it would take.
>
> Of course if you are a US person (citizen or green card holder) this is
> just as much a violation of the ITAR than if you did it from inside the US...

Really? I thought except for incomes taxes, US laws only apply in American
territory as opposed to applying to American people wherever they are (as
I heard Germany's does).

What if you were a dual citizen (US/Canada in my case)?

Thread